I am looking for a hard-working, enthusiastic, and motivated person to join his team as Parliamentary Assistant. The successful candidate will be the sole member of staff based at Westminster.
Title: Parliamentary Assistant
- Salary: Salary will be in line with ipsa pay scales
The position would suit a highly organised person with sound judgement and excellent attention to detail. Ian is looking for a strong team player who can also work on their own initiative.
Applicants should have experience in;
- Organising and attending meetings
- Diary management
- Support to constituency caseworker on policy issues and assist with casework correspondence
- Email management
- Undertaking research
- Assisting the MP with other duties as required.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate;
- Proficient IT skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines.
- To be meticulous and organised with your work.
- A high level of professional integrity.
- A keen interest in politics.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 August 2022
To apply, please email your CV together with a one page covering letter to Ian Levy email@example.com