We're looking for a part-time caseworker to work in our busy small team in Blyth:-
Who We're Looking For
- Enjoy working in a small friendly team.
- Enjoy helping people.
- Have great written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
- Attend constituency meetings as appropriate
- Critically analyse patterns of enquiries and articulate the findings in reports and communication with the MP and other staff members
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
- Draft responses to constituents
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
- Establish, monitor and update a social media and online presence in the constituency. Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
- Follow up on social media queries and comments Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Manage and monitor social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a higher level. Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party-political matters) Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally Additional responsibilities.
How to Apply
Salary will be in line with IPSA pay scales.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Sunday 20th March. Interviews will be conducted in Blyth Friday 25th March in the afternoon, and the successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible and upon completion of the security vetting process.